Saturday 2 August 2014

Monday night football in Saigon

Just thought I'd share this football picture that we had taken at football on Monday night - You can see me here on the end wearing my Cambodian football shirt. As I've said before football is very popular in Vietnam and the city has numerous 5,6 and 7 a side pitches. Also with Facebook groups and the large number of expats here, people are arranging a kick-about on most nights of the week. I've been playing football on Monday night on and off since I arrived three years ago. 



It was started by people at my old language school but as people come and go (usually staying for 1 - 2 years) the participants change but we still have great fun. I also play on Sundays and I'm aware of games on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays too but twice a week is enough for my legs at my age.

No comments:

Post a Comment