Wednesday 20 August 2014

Tuesday night darts - Game 3 of 14 - Phattys Phukker vs The Tavern

http://www.thesidl.com/

Match three of the Saigon International Darts league took us to Phattys Bar in District 1 of Ho Chi Minh City. This was our second away fixture and would see us play Phattys Phukkers who had lost their first two matches.

Phatty's bar in district 1
The match was 1-1 after the two triples game. We lost my match with my team failing to even get a chance to check out before they did. This moved us along to doubles. Fortunately I was put with our best player again who carried me through this match. We won it 2-0 where again I left him the honors of checking out both times. Saying that I did play alright but he is far better than me. 

Darts action at Phatty's
I was 5th up in the singles and the match was at 5-4 so we needed two of the final three matches to win or only one to draw. The pressure was on. Fortunately by this time my opponent, who we had already beaten in the doubles, was a bit pissed. 

Darts action at Phatty's
I'm pleased to say I took full advantage of his condition and won the game 2-0. I scored much better than him and got to checking out much before he did in both legs. The game did not pass without controversy though. In the second leg although I got to trying to check out before he did he did check out but unfortunately it he was aiming for the wrong double. He was a bit upset. Shortly after I checked out.

Phatty's bar in district 1
Even better news was that we won the other singles game to which made the last game a dead rubber game. This is just as well as we lost it but won on match 7-5. So, I've won 2 and lost 1 but more importantly my team has won three out of three! We are still top of the league. The dream continues. Next week we are back at home against the all girls team AC-DC!

1 comment:

  1. Since every one of the individuals that need to join in are not all online in the meantime, competitions can take two or three weeks to finish.Baseball darts score sheet

    ReplyDelete