Sunday 3 August 2014

The return of Tuesday night darts

Some great news to report. My old darts captain looked me up on Facebook the other day to enquire as to whether or not I'd be interested in playing darts for a new team on a Tuesday night. I've not seen him since my old darts team, the blue gecko split up about 18 months ago. It turns out that since this time he has been playing for another team called 'the Tavern' and has worked his way up to vice captain. The new season is due to start in a week or so and at the end of last season they lost a few players so he asked me to play.

The Tavern in District 7
By all accounts the team is pretty good and narrowly missed promotion last season on legs won difference. The team as I said is called 'The Tavern' and even better news is that they play their home games at the pub of the same name which is 5 minutes from my house!

The Tavern in District 7
I'm a bit worried that I wont be able to perform as I've not been playing as much as I'm used to. I better get practising as the first game is Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment