Thursday 30 January 2014

The Shanghai Mansion Hotel in Chinatown, Bangkok

Before this trip I was getting quickly bored at work looking for hotels for this trip so I asked my mate who I sit next to if he could recommend anywhere in Bangkok to stay. Without hesitation he recommended the Shanghai Mansion Hotel in Chinatown. He said it was different but so good that when he goes back to Bangkok he will stay in it again. Having had enough of looking through agoda at hotels I was sold by his recommendation and booked the place for two nights.

I can honestly say its one of the coolest and most different hotels I've ever stayed in. The rooms were all done in Chinese style and the bed was huge. The bathroom was lovely and it even had a fake birdcage in the corner. I loved it! Just like my friend I would definitely stay here again.


If anyone is thinking of going to Bangkok, I would say give it a try. It was right in the middle of Chinatown too which is an interesting place. A taxi isn't very expensive getting into the tourist area (if you can negotiate with the drivers) and as we found out on the last evening there is the river taxi within walking distance which once you've worked out how to use is very convenient.

I shall be thanking my mate for this treat when I go back to work! The link to the hotel website is below

http://www.shanghaimansion.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment