Thursday 30 January 2014

Bangkok revisited.... with my parents!

So back to Bangkok! Just finished a two day look around the Thai capital. Its exactly as I remember it. Busy and people trying to con you wherever you go. I think my experience in Asia helped a lot this time though. The bus journey was long but after the HCMC - Siem Reap one it wasn't that bad. Getting across the border took a while but mainly because we had to wait for a coach for ages.

Me with my Dad at the Royal Palace
 We stayed in China town which was great and interesting. It was very busy because of Chinese new year. We did a number of the sights. We saw Wat Arun, big lying Buddha and went to the Royal Palace. We also took the boat taxi down the river. 

Me at the Royal Palace - they like gold!
It's an interesting city and feels so much bigger than HCMC. I'm glad I've been back and visited again. I would like to come here and explore the city more but I've done all the touristy stuff now. Tomorrow we fly to Phuket where we will be staying for 5 nights! Now this is a place I've not been so am looking forward to it.

Me with big lying Buddha - gold in color naturally

No comments:

Post a Comment