Sunday 26 January 2014

Parents have arrived! Showing them around HCMC

Last night my parents arrived from England to visit me for two weeks. Its great to see them and very strange seeing them in HCMC. Today I got to show them around and be a tour guide. The good news is that as my dad has been riding bikes for many years he's been well up for driving in the traffic and has been thoroughly enjoying it.


Today we drove around the city, ate some local food, went up the bitexico tower (my third time doing this) and went to the Independence Palace. I'm pretty sure that's my 5th time visiting the IP now in 2.5 years. I recon I could walk around it with my eyes shut and make a couple of dong being a tour guide if teaching doesn't work out. They had made some improvements in putting signs with some information outside each room which was strangely something we thought about last time I visited with my mate Beanie.


Anyway, they've had a good time and enjoyed the Palace and to quote my Mum or Dad (I can't remember who said it) 'it was a nice bit of peace and quiet amongst the chaos of the city'. Tomorrow we are leaving to Cambodia to visit Angkor Wat. It's a 12-15 hour journey by bus but a lot cheaper than a flight - I can't wait for that bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment