Thursday 9 January 2014

Knee surgery in Ho Chi Minh City

I'm going to go into hospital this weekend to have knee surgery. I hurt my right knee playing football last year (not my bad knee but my good knee which is now my bad knee) and its not been right. I went for a scan last March and was told it should get better on its own, which in fairness it did. However I got out of bed in October and felt a pain in my knee so I went bad last week to get the doctors opinion and he recommended surgery. He booked me in then and there for the following week.


I was pretty amazed as in the past with my other bad knee the NHS always did there best to avoid surgery until after 7 years of trying I finally got it fixed, even then I'd have to wait for months for an appointment. I guess this is the benefit of my school giving me good private health insurance. The operation is costing my insurance company 2,500 pounds which is not bad.



The hospital I'm having the operation at is called FV hospital. I've met the surgeon a few times who is Vietnamese German and has worked in Germany for many years. It's a Western standard hospital. I've attached a link below.

https://www.fvhospital.com/

The hospital is only a mile from my house. The surgery is just to repair some torn cartilage and should only last about 30 minutes. I also shouldn't require any time off work which I feel good about. I'm looking forward to getting my knee repaired and getting back to playing sport.

2 comments:

  1. How was the surgery, im thinking of getting my acl repaired there how was the surgeon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The surgeon was good. He was called Dr Phat. Its been 4 weeks now since the operation and my knee is a lot more stable, He is experienced and you would need to get an appointment to meet him first

    ReplyDelete