Sunday 1 September 2013

2 years teaching!!!!!!

Today is my two year anniversary as a teacher. It was two years ago that I went into the classroom for the first time after completing my CELTA. Its amazing how far I've come in this period. Planning is far easier and I've got so many more ideas than I did back then. In the two years I've been here I've taught children from 3 years old to 16 and adults from 17 to 65 (yes, my oldest student was 65). I've also taught IELTS classes that help teenagers get to study in  western higher education institutes and I've lectured e-commerce at a university.


My jumpstart class


It's been great fun and I've enjoyed every minute. The school I'm at has changed a lot. Most of the people I started with have left so most of the teachers currently at my school were not there when I joined. This means I'm one of the senior teachers! Two years is quite a good landmark. most of the teachers who do not want to do this permanently have usually gone home by two years so I'm in a position now where I will be seen as someone who is taking this seriously.

I'm not sure what will happen in the next 12 months. I'd love to teach in another country but at the same time love it here. I may also look at getting work at another school which only employ teachers with experience (this would mean more money). I also will look into studying for a DELTA. This is a Diploma in English Language Teaching which is another Cambridge qualification and the highest one you can bet in this field. Once Ive got this I could go into teacher training or management and a number of other things. 

The picture above is of my class. They are all 'jumpstarts' which means they're around 4 years old. I've been teaching them since March 2012 and still teach them now. They're lovely and a joy to teach. It's been great watching them grow in this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment