Tuesday 1 March 2016

Trip to the seaside

Over the TET holiday I took a day trip to the seaside! This is not something I have done before. Usually I take buses over long distances as I don't really trust my motorbike as if it broke down I'd be pretty screwed. Anyway we decided to go for it and drove the two hour journey to the seaside. As you can see from the map below the place we went doesn't even have a name!!!


We made it there successfully but on the journey we had to take a ferry over one of the rivers as there was no bridge. This involved cramming as many bikes and cars on as possible. It was quite interesting. It was a bit like the chain ferry in Poole, Dorset.




We safely arrived at the seaside. Don't expect to find this beach in any of the travel guides any time soon. I certainly wasn't the most beautiful. As I think the picture shows. 



We rented a deckchair and sat in a sea of Vietnamese people under big sheets. I was the only western person there so naturally got stared at. I did get a good view of the beach though.

Despite not being a great beach and being pretty busy, it was relaxing to sit in a deckchair in the fresh air and read a book for a few hours. Also the journey was very pleasant on the bike as the roads were very empty with lots of jungle on either side.

No comments:

Post a Comment