Wednesday 8 October 2014

Tuesday night darts – Game 8 of 14 – The Tavern vs Black Magic



www.thesidl.com

After a one week break we’ve now started the second half of the season. So far all is going well in our division 3 championship with us top of the league by 4 points.


Our first match would see us against black magic who we beat on the opening day of the season a few months back. We beat them 10-2 but we had heard that since this time they had got some very handy returning players that nearly got them promoted last season so we were expecting a very tough match.


It was my turn to be dropped from the triples which ended 1 game each but I did make my return in the doubles. Sadly it didn’t go to plan as me and my partner comfortably lost 2-0. At the end of the doubles and triples we were 3-2 down – it was not looking good as this team were much better than


What happened next in the 6 singles matches was very unexpected not only did our form turn around but we won all six matches! They were close, competitive games but we just managed to come out on top. I won my game 2-0 against a very good player who had a record of W5 L1 before we played. I think I got lucky as I’m sure he didn’t play as well as he could have on the night. I was very pleased with how I played though. I checked out quickly and hit 3 hundred plus scores.


Going into the final 6 vs 6 match we already had an unattainable lead so we could relax a bit. Looking over at the black magic team they were very downhearted after their promising start. Just to put the icing on the cake I checked out in the final 6 vs 6 match with my first dart! I also got another 100 plus score along the way.



I think we all agreed this was our best win of the season against a very good team.To make the evening better all our nearest rivals dropped points. With 6 games left we have a very nice looking lead at the top of the league table.

No comments:

Post a Comment