Friday 24 October 2014

Tuesday night darts – Game 10 of 14 – The Tavern vs Phattys Phuckers

Our tenth game of the campaign was a home fixture against Phattys Phukkers at the Tavern. Another tough game and potential banana skin but so far this season things have been going very well so confidence was high for getting another three points. First up were the doubles and triples, all the games were very close but at the end it scoreline was not pretty reading - we were 4 -1 down against a good team. This meant we had to win 4 or 5 out of the 6 singles games to win the match - a very tough ask.

We won the first three games of the singles to bring the scores level. Sadly we could not maintain the momentum and lost the next two matches. I was last up in the singles and by the time it got to me we were 6 - 4 down meaning the best we could hope for was a draw. I didn't play well but somehow managed to beat my opponent 2 - 0. What saved me was that my checking out was pretty good. So my current record is W7 L3 in the singles. I'd have taken that at the start of the season.

So it all came down to the final match to salvage a draw and although we had the most chances of checking out I'm sad to report we lost the game and consequently the match 7 - 5. Disaster. Bad news is that all the teams around us won so our lead at the top has been cut to 5 points with 4 games left. Its still all in our hands but not as comfortable as we would have wanted. 



Fortunately we have the leagues bottom team next week. Its important we bounce back from this one to stay top of the league.

No comments:

Post a Comment