Thursday 18 September 2014

Tuesday night darts – Game 6 of 14 – The Tavern vs Dreamtime

Our 6th match if the season saw us play Dreamtime at our home ground of 'The Tavern' on Tuesday this week. On paper this should have been an easy game as Dreamtime are second from bottom in the league having won only one of their five matches this season.

http://www.thesidl.com/

Things didn't start off very well. I lost both of my triples and doubles matches. This was mainly because I was playing really bad. I kept hitting 22, 26, 3, 15. I just couldn't hit more than one 20 with my three darts. 

After the first first 5 games of triples and doubles we were winning 3-2. It was turning out to be a very close match. We needed to win at least 7 matches to win the tie and stay top of the table, I was the last match up in the singles. At this point we were winning 6-4 and only needed one more game. I wasn't very confident of victory however the guy I was playing was equally as average as me. 

I won a close first leg but lost the second so It came down to the decider. Fortunately I started to play well and hit scores of 140 and 100 so had a chance to check out well before he did and I'm happy to say won the match!!!! We also won the 6 vs 6 final match so won the tie 8-4 in the end.

So other good news was that our closest rivals only managed a draw so we now have a one point cushion at the top of the table.



Next week will see us reach the halfway point in the season and pit us against B.I.A who are pretty good and drew with our top of the table rivals this week.

Exciting times!

No comments:

Post a Comment