Monday 15 September 2014

The Cambridge DELTA - Module One

I've just started studying for a qualification called the DELTA. This is the Diploma in English Teaching to Adults provided by Cambridge University. Basically, it’s the highest qualification you can do in ESL with the exception of getting a ‘masters in linguistics’.



Its split into three modules which you can take together or separately (I’m doing them separately). I’m starting with module one which will require 4 months of distance learning before taking a written exam in December. If all goes well I will be looking to complete the final two next year. Module 2 is a bit more complex than modules 1 and 3 as it involves being observed.


However first things first, I need to pass module 1. I’m doing this through the distance delta program (the link is below) who give me my reading and exam tasks on a weekly basis.I’ll keep you all posted with the progress.


If I do pass this qualification it will open up lots of doors for higher positions around the world as well as training opportunities and management positions.

No comments:

Post a Comment