Friday 25 November 2011

Pub quiz and my first 'thanksgiving'


Glorious scenes at Traders bar


With darts season well and truely over I thought it would be a while before a got that high feeling of success again, however glory was just around the corner in the form of the ILA pub quiz at traders bar in downtown HCMC District 1.

Last Sunday was our works charity pub quiz and out of the 7 teams that entered we came first. It was a great achievment and as you can see we enjoyed the moment. Getting presented with a nice trophy made it even better.

I was thinking about an open top bus to parade the trophy round the city but it would take far too long with all the traffic and would probably break down anyway.



Roast Turkey


This week was 'Thanksgiving' in America and as 60% of my household are American we ordered a delivery thanksgiving meal from one of the restaurants in the city. It was just like having a Sunday roast but with different side dishes to usual. The side dishes included sweet potatoe with cinnemon, corn and sesame carrots which is basically carrots smothered in spicy tomato sauce with sesame seeds thrown in. The turkey was great and perfectly cooked – this was made even better by the fact that I’ve not had a roast in at least 6 months. The only thing that was missing was a Yorkshire pudding.


carrot cake and pumkin pie

For desert we had carrot cake and pumkin pie. This is another first, although im very familiar with carrot cake pumkin pie is new to me and was quite nice.

Work is going well but still very busy. Not seen SCM for a long time. I want to get a photo of one of the retail outlets he delivers to where they make the sugar cane drink. I’ll try and sort this out during the week. I brought a laptop last week as my last one died about 3 months ago.




Pork won-ton noodle soup

Lots of the shops are selling Christmas decorations now and at night if you can forget about the heat it actually feels somewhat Christmassy when looking at the lights.

I’ve attached a photo of the won-ton pork noodle bar in the city. The won-tons are really something special. This dish cost about $2.50!

Unfortunatly this won-ton shop is the other side of the city where I used to live so I don't get to goto it that often.



A night to remember

Winning team photo


No comments:

Post a Comment