Thursday 26 May 2011

Ko Samui

I've arrived safely in an Island off the east coast of Thailand called Ko Samui and been here 4 days now... I can't believe how quickly it has gone!

The journey down on the overnight train from Bangkok was an interesting experience. On the bunk bed oposite me was a monk in all his orange robes. He was very quiet and just red his book before going to bed early.

After departing from the train at 7am the next morning I caught a coach then ferry to the Island, the views form the boat were amazing. I opted to stay in a resort called Lamai which is the second largest on the Island. The beach is amazing (see the pictures) Its a bit like the Island on 'lost' but with lots of building and sunbeds. The street behind the beach is very much like a resort but also its quite a thai girly area which I didn't realise before I came here.

Since being here I've been on a tour of the Island which involved seeing more giant Buddhas, rocks shapes like private parts, a fantastic waterfall, working monkeys and a mummified monk

Met some nice people on this Island since ive been here. I had to write off one day as I went out with a guy from the hostel and ended up staying out till 8:30am which ive never done before. This meant I spent the rest of the day recovering. It was an interesting and entertaining evening though.

Im looking to move from this resort tomorrow and probably going to the Island north called Ko Pa-ngan. Ive seen alot of people come and go in the past few days so don't want to stay here much longer as I may become like major in faulty towers.

Ive added a new album to my gallery so please have a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment