Saturday 30 March 2013

City tour and Cu Chi Tunnels (again)

For the past two days I've taken my friends around the city. Yesterday we did a lot of walking around the city and today we went to see the Cu Chi Tunnels.


James and Sarah taking in the sights

Yesterday we visited the war museum, the reunification palace, the opera house, the financial district, ate lots of different local food and saw lots of other smaller things. The weather has been hot but they have coped very well and most of the time better than me!


James and Sarah with some Vietcon
Today we went to the Cu Chi Tunnels which is about a 90 minute drive north off Ho Chi Minh City. Last time I only crawled through 20 metres of tunnel as some of it was shut but today we all did the full 100 metres, it was very tiring but good fun.

Me in a Cu Chi Tunnel
Tomorrow morning we fly to Hanoi to start a 5 day trip to the capital city and Ha Long Bay. I'm looking forward to this because although I've been in Vietnam for 18 months, I've still not been to the north. Our flight is at 6am which I'm not looking forward to as it means I have to get up at 3:30am.

No comments:

Post a Comment