Tuesday 27 November 2012

No more work till January!!!!!

My 'jumpstart' class at Halloween
I've just finished my last weekend working at my school until January. So now I have five weeks off. Two I will spend on holiday in Vietnam and three I will spend in England. It was sad to say goodbye to my classes as all but one of them I will not be able to carry on teaching due to having a long break. I was given some 'goodbye' cards and was even told by one student I was the best English teacher they ever day (I hope I've not been their only teacher)
 
The HCMC skyline from ILA's teacher room balcony
It was also 'teachers day' last week in Vietnam. This is an annual day in the year where to say thank you to the teachers the students buy presents. I got 5 presents this year for teaching the Queens English to my students which was very nice. This included two ties, some fresh coffee, a story book and a toy train (!?).
 
I'm also moving house in the next few days. I'm in the process of packing my stuff up and getting ready for my 10 day holiday.
 
 
See you in January ILA!!! taken from the school balcony
After my 10 day holiday I'm back in HCMC for a few days, I'll stay in a guest house before flying to England on 10th December. I arrive on 11th December at 6am so should be home around lunchtime. I'm flying with emirates which is good for two reasons, firstly they're a great airline and secondly they sponsor Arsenal FC so it feels like I'm contributing to them buying new players.
 
Tomorrow I'm off to Nha Trang which is a beach place on the coast. I'm probably going to stay there for a while but there are a few other places I want to visit but will just play it by ear.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment