Wednesday 22 August 2012

Back to work

A fine piece of art
Sorry I've not updated the blog for a few weeks. After getting back from Kuala Lumpur I've got straight back into work. Pictures this week are from various places around HCMC including the beautiful concrete flower roundabout. Its very popular with locals in the evening.

I'm going to be very busy again for the next 12 weeks. I'm teaching 24 hours of English a week, both adults and children and 8 hours of English which doesn't sound like a full time working week but you need to plan your lessons so it works out I'll be working pretty hard.

Back of the Notre Dam church
I think I've made a rough plan for the imminent future. Next week (1st September) will be my one year anniversary as a teacher which is quite a nice milestone for me. My e-commerce semester ends on 2nd November so I'm going to work hard till then. After this I'm going to cut down my hours, then at the end of November go on a two week holiday (location to be decided) before coming back to England for 3/4 weeks for Christmas then coming back to Vietnam again.




Vincom shopping centre in HCMC, its not that good
Long term I'm not sure if I will keep working in Vietnam. But it will be a good place for me to work whilst I look at the next place on my list. Korea, China and Taipei are all places that appeal but I'm just going to play in by ear.

Still enjoy living in Vietnam so I'm in no rush to move on. Our house contract is up in mid September which means I'll have to move house which I'm not going to look forward to but we might be able to extend it for a few more months which would work out perfect for me.

Options of places to go are Hanoi, Ha Long Bay, Sapa, Huy and Hoi An all in Vietnam. Bali in Indonesia. Dubai, or Ko Tao in Thailand to get a diving certificate. Nice to have these options!!

No comments:

Post a Comment