Wednesday 28 March 2012

10 months away from England!

Sorry for not updating my blog last week. I've been keeping busy and working hard. My e-commerce lecturing is in its 7th week of 12 and its going well and the English is good at ILA.

Blue Gecko - my team!
The past few weeks I've not been doing too well at darts. However saying that I don't think I should be too hard on myself. I think I have been a victim of my own success. In the past two weeks Ive played the best players in the opposition which combined with not training as much lead me to getting beaten pretty bad. I upped my training last week but then disaster struck as our dart board fell off the wall. We put an emergency call into the 'Vietnam darts man' who came the next day to fix it. I took the opportunity to invest in some new flights whilst he fixed the board then he played a few legs of darts with me. It turns out that he is really good at darts. He used to be one of the top players in Division 1 and trained for 2 hours every day. Be was scoring 100 on most throws - it was good to watch. He gave me some good pointers though.

I played last night - at the great Boston sports bar and am happy to say I played really well and beat their team captain as well as winning and checking out both legs of my doubles match. Our team 'Blue Gecko' are moving up the table. I've attached a screen print of the current league table that can be seen at http://www.thesidl.com/ Also I'm 30th out of 100 players in the individual rankings which is like 3rd out of 10 which is not bad.

This weekend is King Hung's birthday. I've no idea who King Hung is but as its his birthday I get the day off so I maybe going to a beach place called Vung Tau for a few days. Will get soem photos and blog them next week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment