Wednesday 22 February 2012

Work update and ............... Darts!!!

With the family we had dinner with in Cambodia
For this weeks darts we hosted the all Vietnamese team of Buhay Na Buhay at the Blue Gecko. As my Tuesday night class was not on this week due to it finishing last week (it starts again next week) I could arrive on time and was put into the doubles and triples. We won the triples but lost the doubles, although I did check out in one leg of the doubles. For the singles I was put up against a chap called Russ who was pretty good. I lost the first leg but am pleased to report I stormed back to win the match 2-1! For the night we drew 6-6 which was initially disappointing as we were 6-3 up but on reflection this team, along with the one we played last week are favourites for our division.

Having fun in Cambodia
Some more good news is that according to the SIDL darts league standings I'm statistically the best player in my team - its early days though and there are some good players in our squad - plus I want them to do well so we win the matches each week. I was a good evening which the team finished as tradition with a refreshment called an 'Irish car bomb' which consists of dropping a shot into some Guinness and drinking it. Not my idea but enjoyable never the less.



Cambodian youngling
I've been playing alot of football recently which is great but also increases the chances of me getting injured. This came true the other night. I think Ive cracked a bone in my foot. I'm ok but its a bit painful - I'm hoping it will be better in a few weeks as there is another football tournament which I want to take part in.

I'm still working which is fun, the e-commerce lectures have started again which are going well. My favourite and only full time English class finished last week. We have an end of course party and I brought some munchies. This consisted of popcorn and crisps. I didn't realise how much mess kids can make with popcorn. The room was a mess at the end of the party. The cleaner, as after we made the Christmas poster, did not look impressed.

The photos on my blog this week are from my recent trip to Cambodia. Its of a family we had dinner with when I was part of a tour group. It was a great evening and lovely to spend time with a Cambodian family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment