Thursday 6 October 2011

Day trip to Binh Quai 1 and first darts match


A night to forget against the all girls team - AC/DC


Had my first darts match as part of the 'blue gecko' pub team the other day and unfortunately I have some bad news. I lost my first game 2 - 0 and it was to a girl. As sad as it sound it’s not easy loosing to a girl but she was very good and even though both games were close she deserved to win, it only took her 5 shots to check out which is impressive. We played an 'all girls' team and we got beat 9 games to 3... It was not a good night for the men of Blue Gecko. These girls didn't fit the usual stereotype of darts players (watch the women play at lakeside if you need reminding) and were quite attractive.

Day trip to Binh Quai 1
To make matters worse and to complete my humiliation whilst I was in a huff and keeping store the girl who beat me decided to stand over my shoulder and correct me whenever I messed up the scoring. However it was a good night and im looking forward to it next week.

I went on a day trip yesterday with some of my work colleagues to a place called Binh Quai 1 which is just outside the city and by a river. It was good to get out of HCMC and the first time ive done it since arriving two months ago. I immediately noticed how much cleaner the air was and it was good to chill out in open space.

Day trip to Binh Quai 1

The local bus was fun, it didn't break down and the 40 minutes journey cost about 15p! We played some cricket, drank some beer and had some good chats. It was a nice day.

Ive been out jogging in the local park this past week which is an experience. Its probably about 1 km in circumference and takes me a little under 5 minutes to jog around. Its always very busy as most people don't goto gyms but ther eis also lots of training equipment in it. As im the only western looking guy I do get lots of people come and chat to me. Working outs a bit different here and some of the best things I've seen is women fan dancing.


Man poking the water with a stick on day trip
At the park this morning a 69 year old Vietnamese chap, who spoke good English, started talking to me and after a few minutes was testing my knowledge to English swear words. After telling me them he proceeded to ask me what they meant so he could check my understanding. He kept coming out with great stuff, it was very funny.

I'm settled in the house now and things are going well. Work it tough at the weekends but pretty chilled during the week. Will try and do some more fun stuff as I think weekly darts updates may get very boring very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment