Monday 19 November 2018

A trip to the coast near Ho Chi Minh City

Yesterday I drove my bike to take a day trip to the coast of Vietnam. I've done this trip once before and its one of the few places you can go outside the city for a day out. It's about a 1.5 hour journey.



To get to the Island before the coast, You have to get a ferry. It's a bit like the chain ferry at Sandbanks in Dorset.








The drive to the coast is okay, its quite quiet and takes about an hour after the ferry. The road is covered with potholes so you can't go very quickly. When you do arrive at the coast is very underwhelming and its been Vietnamised. The beach is polluted and covered in litter.






I didn't swim or play in the sand but did find a nice deckchair to sit in in the shade. The air was fresher than Ho Chi Minh City despite the motorcyclists best efforts to change that. 

Good news is that I have a week off soon and will be going to Bangkok and Siem Reap.

No comments:

Post a Comment