Thursday 4 December 2014

Christmas is coming to Ho Chi Minh City 2014

Christmas is coming to Ho Chi Minh City! Everyone has an opinion on when the correct time to put up Christmas decorations should be. Many people would believe this is the first weekend in December. I can report that I saw my first Christmas tree in Ho Chi Minh City at the beginning of November. This was in a hairdressers near my house. Pretty much the whole city had there decorations up on display before the 1st December. This seem pretty unusual for a country that never really celebrated Christmas but I suppose with globalization, consumerism and the money to be made it was only a matter of time.


The picture above is of the Christmas tree in the awesome, free gym at my University. It's not in the gym reception but actually in the gym nestled between two running machines and behind the scales. This is something I've not seen before but quite nice to see nevertheless and therefore warrants a blog post.



I had my DELTA module one exam yesterday, I think it went well. It was all very official. The exams are posted from Cambridge in England and opened in front of us at our desk in a very secure looking envelope. At the end of the exam they were sealed in an equally secure looking envelope to be sent straight back to Cambridge for marking. I kindly offered to take them to the post office but the chief examiner wasn't having any of it. I get the results in two months.

Flying back to England for Christmas at the end of next week. Very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment