Monday 24 November 2014

Draw for the SIDL Division 3 knock out tournament

The draw has been made for the SIDL division 3 knockout tournament that starts tomorrow. It works in the same way as the football world cup where you are drawn in groups of four and play each other in a round robin format. The games are best of 5 legs, not the usual best of three and the top two players progress to the finals next week.

I'm afraid I've got some bad news. The draw has not been kind to me. I've highlighted below the four players that are in my group.


As you can see I've been grouped with the ranked 2 and 4 players in our division. Both of them have lost only one game in the season. Its going to be a big ask to beat them. Looks likes its a battle for third place between me and John.

Anyway, I'll give it my best and see what happens. I'll have to play well and as its only the first to three legs you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment