Wednesday 30 October 2013

Unexpected Darts Glory

The other night was a special evening. My mate at worked invited me to a darts tournament. A pub landlord was replacing his old darts board and was arranging a darts tournament where the winner would get the old darts board. Darts boards aren't cheap and since I wasn't busy I thought I'd go along. The pub was called 'the rusty bucket' in district 7.

Me with my prize and cash
 I haven't played in a while so wasn't expecting much. There was only 6 of us so we decided to do a round robin tournament where we all play each other and the winner gets the prize, the landlord was playing and another chap from his darts team as well as three other from work. To make it more interesting we all put 100,000VND in the prize pot ($5 each).

The score board
I'm pleased to report (as you may have guessed from the title of the blog) that I won the competition! I won 4 games and lost 1. It was the best record so I won the darts board and $25!. We played 301 one leg. It was good fun and has made me consider rejoining a darts team which will be easier now I'm not teaching on Tuesday evening. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment