Tuesday 16 July 2013

Statues on roundabouts

Not much to report so just another quick update. This weeks picture is of one of the many roundabouts which have a statue on it. It's quite a nice picture as it has the bitexico tower in the background. Not many of the locals know who these peopl are who have been made into stautes. Fortuantly this one had a name on it and it's of a chap called Tran Hung Dao.

Tran Hung Dao

I googled him and it turns out he was a milary leader in the 1300s. He is famous for his triple victories over the mighty Mongol Yuan Dynasty under Kublai Khan which are considered among some of the 'greatest military feats in world history'.

In two weeks time I will be going on holiday. It's 90% likely I'll be going to Hoi An, Danang and Hui for 10 days. I'm looking forward to it as I'm working hard at the moment and frankly a bit knackered.

No comments:

Post a Comment