Monday 23 April 2018

First Vietnamese football league match - HCMC F.C vs Hai Phong F.C

As the basketball season is now over I need to find another sport to keep myself occupied. My mate tole me that I should come and watch Ho Chi Minh City F.C play. They play in the Vietnamese football league which is like Vietnams answer to the premier league. The only difference is that the start is lower... A lot lower.... so low I think that I could have tryouts. Im addition, its not htat well supported. 


I went yesterday and agreed to meet a group of my friends there. I'd not been tehre before and although finding the stadium wasn't a problem, finding my mates was and I ended up going in the away supporters end, which was actually okay. It reminded me of the game I saw in Phnom Penh years ago. It kicked off at dusk and I got to sit on concrete steps in the evening sun. It was very nice.


The game itself was pretty terrible and ended 0-1 to the other team, Hai Phong, the opposition, had come all the way form near Hanoi and brought quite a few fans. They were pretty happy with there 0-1 win.

I'll probably go again as it was entertaining and nice to be in the open air. It was also very cheap, 40,000 VND which is about £1.30.




No comments:

Post a Comment