Thursday 28 January 2016

Brewing Beer

Before coming to Vietnam my preferred choice of drink was ale and I never really drank larger however this had to change when I moved to Vietnam because when I arrived nearly five years ago the only drink you could get was larger - either tiger, 333 or Saigon red or green. Things have improved since then and there are a few places where you can get craft beer however during this period I've been thinking about learning to brew my own beer and I'm happy to say that I finally made the decision to go for it.

After a bit of research I found an expat living here who has been brewing for a long time and brews craft beer for a local restaurant in Vietnam. It's some of the best beer I've ever had and as it turns out he also can provide equipment and ingredients for home brew as well as train me on how to brew excellent beer every time.

As you can see, a few weeks ago we brewed my first batch of beer. It's been fermenting for a while and this weekend it will be ready to drink!!!!

Cooling the beer

The beer

Washing the grains

Adding water to the grains

The whole system

No comments:

Post a Comment