Friday 16 January 2015

Internet Service providers in Vietnam

Not much to report since I've been back from England. I'm in my third week of working. Its all going well and nothing of interest to report.

Thought I'd blog about one of the frustrations here in Vietnam. On the whole I really enjoy living in Vietnam. It's far more relaxed and a much different way of life than England. However with this trade off you have to accept that some things are never going to be as easy taking into account its laid back, the language barrier and its a developing country.  In this particular instance is the service providers. 

Coming back from England I made sure I paid all my bills so ensure nothing was cut off when I returned. A few days after returning our Internet was disconnected. I was greeted with this message on my web browser when I opened it.


As you can see 'we are please to inform, your access account is temporarily locked because you have not paid the charges'. It was the choice of words I found particularly amusing 'pleased to inform'. Also where it says 'please see the details here' there is no link.

Anyway most people here would think 'well, its your own fault you should have paid the bill'. I agree except they don't ever send me a bill so its up to me to remember to pay for it each month. Also I can't pay online I have to go to a shop a few minutes drive from home who work similar hours to me and everyone else in the city so usually its pretty busy. I've also been down there in the past when I predict it's time to pay the bill and my psychic powers aren't as good as they should and they've told me it wasn't time to pay yet.

In addition they cut me off on Friday afternoon and then shut for the weekend so i had no Internet until I paid the bill on Monday morning. Very frustrating. 

In England I could go and shout at someone but that's pointless here. Also I could change ISP except from my initial research these jokers are the only providers in my area. So as you can see, very frustrating.

Anyway this story has a happy ending as I paid the bill and now have Internet.

Will blog again when I have something of similar interest to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment