Wednesday 30 April 2014

Reunification Day / Liberation Day

Today is Reunification Day /  Liberation Day in Vietnam. This is a public holiday in Vietnam which we get each year that marks the event when the Viet Cong and North Vietnamese troops captured Saigon (now Ho Chi Minh City) on April 30, 1975 thus signalling the end of the Vietnam War. (Remember the picture of the tanks going through the gates in one of my previous blogs).



What does this mean for me? It means I get a day off work!!!! Also for a bonus, tomorrow is International labour day so I get another day off. What will I be doing? Going to the pub of course. One day to go to the pub and one day to recover.

Above is a picture of a statue in Ho Chi Minh City which captures the events on the day of 30-4-1975

No comments:

Post a Comment