Wednesday 14 September 2011

Teaching at the ILA

HCMC in rush hour
Ive just finished my second week and first full week of teaching. The lesson planning is getting easier and I'm learning lots. The classes are good and in general the students are well behaved. My classes have ranged from 4-6 year olds 6-10 year olds and 10-16 year olds, all of mixed abilities.

Im settling in to working again after the travelling and training break. I have also just agreed to move into a house with 4 others in the north of district one. Its a great place, we all have one floor each and there is a roof top social area as well as I lounge, kitchen and garden. 


More traffic!
Its in a nice quiet place (which is not easy in HCMC) as its in the middle of a block of buildings so there is very little traffic noise.It's also only a few minutes walk from a busy market. All we have to do is sort out a few more details then we could move in next week!

There are lots western people teaching at the school so socially its very good. I only have one perminent class at the moment (on saturday and sunday) so the other classes at the moment are covers. This means that my schedule will be changing each week but im happy with that as it all helps with getting experience.

Lady carrying flowers on her bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment