Wednesday 1 June 2016

My first solo home brewed beer

After being showed how to brew beer by my German friend earlier this year and being a bit nervous about going through the whole process without any help, a few weeks ago I finally brewed some beer on my own. Overall it wasn't too difficult and I remembered how to do it pretty well. I made a few errors a long the way but generally it went okay.

Yesterday we opened our first beer. The below photo shows this event.


So, how did it taste? It was okay. Not bad but not as great as the batch I had before. It's very drinkable. Also it was a bit cloudy. We may have been premature in opening it as the flavor should improve over the next few weeks and we haven't left it in the fridge for a week yet. It has a good pop sound to it and was well carbonated.


Above is the beer in the glass. I'm in the process of getting some more ingredients so I can brew another batch in the next month. Practice makes perfect as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment