Saturday 2 June 2012

Mui Ne - ILA's annual outing

View from the restaurant
I've just got back form a trip to  Mui Ne which was an annual outing provided by my school ILA. We left HCMC on Monday morning for the 6 hour journey to the coast. There was a total of 6 coaches full with staff and support staff.

I must say the school looked after us very well as the 4 star hotel we stayed in was possibly the best I've visited.

I shared a room with two other teachers that had a sea view and its own private pool. (See the video below).

Gardens at our resort

The gardens at the hotel were beautiful in addition to having its own private beach. We had lunch upon arrival and after a little rest there was beach games organised throughout the afternoon. I played volleyball, where my team lost in the final which was great fun and other silly water / beach games. One game involved trying to protect a bucket from having balls chucked into it whilst having your leg tied to another person. Again I got to the final and lost.



BBQ men hard at work

Beer and food was provided. In the evening we had a bar-be-cue which was probably the best I've ever had. Fresh fish, chicken, kebabs and rice dishes.

Sadly it was only an overnighter and we had to come home the next day. I didn't get to see much of Mui Ne so its definitely a place I will go back it. It was great to spend some quality time with my teacher buddies.




Garden at the resort

I'm going to be very busy for the next 8 weeks. I'm working everyday which is OK (it was my choice). Then I'll get two weeks off work and go on another trip. I may well come back to Mui Ne then as there are some cool things to do however I do really want to see the north of Vietnam at some point.

It's still pretty hot at the moment but I'm not feeling it as much as last year. Also rainy season has arrived so we are getting some pretty impressive downpour which are like walking under a shower.


The video above is of my hotel room at the resort in Mui Ne. I could have happily stayed their all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment